If you are an entrepreneur, freelancer or small business owner looking to use payment gateway on your online platform, Want received payment online. Razorpay payment gateway is the right platform for accepting online payment. Razorpay is a most popular payment gateway in India, who accept all types of payment methods like Debit/credit card, Net banking, UPI payment, wallet and EMI payment also.
Razorpay Payment gateway is a most popular payment gateway in India. Which have all features for accepting online payment for all types of business. Open razorpay payment gateway is a great way to grow your online business. In this article we will guide you step by step to create a Razorpay Payment gateway account.
Table of Contents
- What is Razorpay?
- Benefits of using Razorpay
- Creating a Razorpay account
- Step 1: Visit the Razorpay website
- Step 2: Click on “Sign up”
- Step 3: Enter your business details
- Step 4: Provide your bank details
- Step 5: Verify your email address and phone number
- Step 6 : Complete your profile
- Step 7: Complete the KYC process
- Integrating Razorpay with your website
- Step 1: Choose an integration method
- Step 2: Get API keys
- Step 3: Add Razorpay to your website
- Accepting payments through Razorpay
- Step 1: Create a payment order
- Step 2: Redirect your customer to the Razorpay payment page
- Step 3: Complete the payment
- Razorpay pricing and fees
- Frequently asked questions
1. What is Razorpay ?
Razorpay payment gateway is a platform where you can receive payment online. Razorpay has lots of payment methods to accept payments such as debit/credit card, Net banking , UPI, wallet and EMI payment.
Razorpay payment gate was founded in 2014 by Shashank Kumar and Harshil Mathur. Its headquarter is in Bangalore, India. Razorpay has served More than 5 million businesses till now.
2. Benefits of Using Razorpay
- Easy setup : Creating a Razorpay account is very easy and simple. It only takes a few minutes only to create a Razorpay account.
- Multiple payment modes : razorpay payment gateway supports all types of payment methods like Debit/credit card, Net banking, UPI, Wallet, EMI.
- Secure payment : Razorpay follows security protocols to ensure safe and secure transactions.
- Developer Friendly : Razorpay provides API and SDKs that you can integrate with your website and App easily.
- Transparent prices : Razorpay does not charge any opening and setup cost or maintenance charges.
3. creating Razorpay account
Step 1 : Visit Razorpay website
Step 2 : Click on “Sign up”
After clicking on Sign up you can see the create account form. Give your email address and password and click on sign up.
Step 3 : Provide Business Details
Create razorpay account you need to give your business information such as name, email id, contact number, address, GST details (optional) and password. Make sure you give a strong password as per Razorpay guide line and you need to remember that password.
Step 4 : Provide Bank details
Next you need to fulfil Bank details like bank Name, account number and IFSC code. Razorpay will use this information to transform your amount to your bank account.
Step 5 : Verify Email address.
After completing the first step Razorpay will send you a verification mail to your mail id. Go to your Email id click on the link to verify your account.
Step 6 : Complete your profile
Once you verify your email address your account open process is completed . you can check your Razorpay dashboard. Now you need to add all information about your business. You need to give Business name, address, and business type with bank details.
Step 7: Complete KYC Verification
After completion you need to do KYC verification without KYC verification you can’t receive online payment from your customer. So for KYC verification you need to give some document information line PAN card , Business registration certificate , GST etc. after submitting all documents you need to wait for 2-3 working days to approve your KYC verification. After approval your account activates and you can receive payment directly from your customer.
Open Razorpay account :
4. Integration Razorpay with website
To accept online payment through Razorpay, you need to integrate razorpay with your website or app. Razorpay provides various integration methods – API and SDKs with plugins for popular platforms like Woo Commerce. Magento, and Shopify.
1.Choose an Integration Method
Choose an integration method based on your website requirement. It is very easy to integrate with your website with plugins, If you are using popular websites like Woo commerce, Magento and shopify. Apart from that you can use API and SDKs for custom integration.
2.Get API Keys
If you want custom integration you need to get API Keys from Razorpay website. Your API keys include a Key ID and Secret key. Which you need to authenticate your API request.
3.Add razorpay to your website
As per your integration method you need to add Razorpay API keys code or plugins in your website. Follow the integration instruction provided by Razorpaay website.
5. Accepting payment through Razorpay
Once your Integration process is done, you have integrated razorpay with your website, you can start accepting payment from your customers. Here is How..
1. Create a Payment Order.
To create a payment order there is a very simple way you just give customers details and add payment amount. Razorpay will generate a unique order id, and at the same time the customer also receives an email or you can directly share your order.
2. Redirect your customers to the Razorpay payment page.
After creating a payment order you need to redirect your customer to the razorpay payment page. You can do this by sending an email automatically or sending a payment order link manually to your customer.
3. Complete the payment
Once your customer redirects to your payment page they can choose their payment method and complete the payment. After that razorpay transforms your amount to your bank account within 2 working days or at the end of the day.
6. Razorpay Pricing and Fees
Razorpay will not charge to open an account , setup cost and maintenance fees. Razorpay charge on your transaction. Razorpay charges 2% on your transaction value. it applies to all types of transactions.
Open Razorpay Payment gateway account is a simple process. You need to follow these few steps and activate your Razorpay account. After creating a Razorpay account you can boost your online business. So what are you waiting for ? Go to Razor pay website www.razorpay.com and click on the “ Sign up “ button and open the Razorpay payment gateway account.
Yes , razorpay is safe and secure for your transaction. Razorpay follows security protocols to ensure and secure transactions.
Creating a razorpay account takes only a few minutes. But for KYC verification it takes a few days.
Yes, razorpay supports international payment through various payment modes. Like debit/credit card and paypal.
You can track your transaction and settlement on Razorpay dashboard.
Yes, Razorpay supports refunds to our customers with easy steps.